Vineyard posts are prestressed concrete elements that have a constant cross section. They are manufactured using high tensile strength prestressed wires or single wire which are embedded within the element.
The production of these elements is achieved using our Slipformer or Wet Casting machines that cast continuously on a long production bed without the need of any formworks.
The square or rectangular posts have many applications.
- The possibility to use them in many areas of construction such as residential, commercial, industrial, infrastructure and agricultural sectors
- Large production volumes with uniform cross sections even with different cable reinforcement configurations. Once the concrete elements have been produced they can be removed from the casting beds after just 6-8 hours (in case of heated casting beds)
- Large production volumes with uniform cross sections even with different cable reinforcement configurations
- Using these elements floors can be quickly and easily constructed because the element itself works as a formwork. With only 3-4 workers it is possible to install more than 500-600 m2 of floor per day
- Using these elements floors can be quickly and easily constructed because the element itself works as a formwork
- Easy to install
- The lower surface of the element is smooth having been produced on a steel casting bed. Generally this surface can be left as seen or can be simply painted. In residential applications only a final smoothing is required thus greatly reducing costs
- The concrete elements are semi self-supporting requiring only minimal support during installation
- Through the choice of the different thicknesses of the lower part of the element, floors can be produced with a high fire resistances
- By eliminating some in-fill blocks it is possible to obtain resistant ribs in an orthogonal direction to the floor and fill the section to create solid ends to increase the shear strength
- Excellent rigidity during the loading, unloading, lifting and installation. When compared to other non prestressed elements of the same height these products offer more rigidity and less deformation under load and consequently are less likely to suffer surface cracking
- Assured quality by using specific equipment for the manufacture of the concrete elements combined with a high end quality control system
- The ability to change the dimensions of the concrete elements and the prestressed steel wire configuration according to the element technical specifications required. It is a simple and quick operation to change the necessary parts of the forming insert of the casting machine to vary the height and the thickness of the concrete elements
- The use of high tensile strength prestressed strands, wires or single wire means that the prestressed elements have smaller cross sections using concrete more efficiently and thus achieving elements of a high quality. Smaller cross sections mean lighter concrete elements reducing the cost of transport and allowing easy handling both on-site and in the production plant
- The produced elements have high load resistances thanks to a low water/cement ratio of concrete from 0.32 to 0.38. In fact to produce the same profiles using traditional methods would require higher water/cement ratios and need expensive formworks.
- Elements with high resistance to carbonation due to the low cement/water ratio and the high compaction level giving the finished slab high impermeability combined with high mechanical resistance.
- Trouble-free element handling
- Inverted T beams are normally chosen for use with load bearing wall structures, since putting the lintel in the walls does not affect the load bearing capacity of the vertical structure
- Inverted I beams are normally chosen for use with load bearing wall structures, since putting the lintel in the walls does not affect the load bearing capacity of the vertical structure
- In the agricultural sector, the high rigidity can help the post stand up to the tough working environment of automatic harvesting equipment. Furthermore, with the use of good quality aggregates combined with excellent concrete compaction prestressed posts limit plant disease and are very resistant to the outdoor environment over a long period of time
- Prestressed lintels are normally chosen for use with load bearing wall structures, since putting the lintel in the walls does not affect the load bearing capacity of the vertical structure
- Able to cover large spans and be self supporting during construction
- Embedded steel reinforcement provides shear resistance and the ability to link with existing reinforcement before being cast on site, essential for bridge decks and general infrastructure
- Ability to add additional reinforcement for increased anchorage during on site casting
- The possibility to use lightweight Polystyrene (EPS) inserts to achieve a floor with the minimum of weight
- High load capability due to concrete with a low water/cement ratio able to be compliant with even the toughest infrastructure requirements
The concrete posts are used extensively in agriculture for vineyards, fruit production, animal enclosures and to support irrigation systems.